Dietitian Blog, Staffing Tips for Success | Oct 18 2022
Five ways that Dietitians On Demand takes hiring to the next level
Traditional hiring practices leave a lot to chance. Think about it. Oftentimes, hiring managers make a decision about a new hire based on a short interview and testimonials from individuals who were cherry picked by the candidate. It’s a leap of faith, to say the least.
Here at Dietitians On Demand, we take the guesswork out of hiring. We specialize in hiring elite dietitians who are a great fit for your facility. In fact, 94% of our clients would request the same dietitian again. Here’s how we do it.
- Verify credentials. As you know, registered dietitians have standard educational requirements that they must adhere to. We check those and ensure the dietitian is in good standing with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). We also double-check a dietitian’s licensure, when required based on location. If you need a specialist dietitian (think: NICU, dialysis, sports, foodservice management), we know just what to look for.
- Clinical assessment. We assess every single dietitian’s skills before sending them into the field. We have a battery of practice setting-specific competency exams to test our dietitians before they walk through your doors. When dietitians need to brush up on a topic, we have our own educational resources to provide. Speaking of…
- Educational resources. Dietitians On Demand is different than most other staffing companies, in that we produce our own educational content for dietitians. That means we ensure our dietitians are prepared before a job assignment but can also provide resources, if our dietitians encounter a difficult clinical situation while on the job.
- Repeat candidates. Many of our dietitians love working for Dietitians On Demand so much that they often complete multiple job assignments. We get to know our dietitians very well, including their unique strengths and skills. That means we can choose just the right dietitian for your facility’s unique needs.
- Constant communication. Our dedicated Regional Account Managers will check in with you after our dietitian has arrived to see how everything is going. Let us know if there’s any additional training or resources we can provide the dietitian to help him/her succeed. After all, we love a happy ending.
Dietitians On Demand is a nationwide staffing and recruiting company for registered dietitians, specializing in short-term, temporary and permanent-hire positions in acute care, long term care and food service positions. We’re dedicated to dietitians and helping them enhance their practice and excel in the workplace. Check out our job openings, request your coverage, or visit our store today!
Who we are
Dietitians On Demand is the nationwide leader in providing dietitians with jobs they love. If flexibility, competitive pay, a full benefits package, free CPEUs each month and a team dedicated to dietitians sound good to you, apply to our positions today.