National Chocolate Covered Anything Day
By Carly Hagemann, Recruitment Coordinator
Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day and a great excuse to treat yourself to a small sweet treat. Dark chocolate in moderation has shown to provide several health benefits to the body. To get the most nutrients, opt for organic, dark chocolate with 70% or higher cocoa content. If you need more convincing, I have gathered the top 5 reasons why you should enjoy something covered in chocolate today.
- Improves your cardiovascular health: Dark chocolate may help prevent the formation of blood clots by increasing blood flow to the heart
- Good for your skin: The flavonoids found in dark chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage
- Makes you (feel) smarter: Dark chocolate may improve your cognitive function by increasing blood flow to the brain
- Loaded with nutrients: Dark chocolate contains concentrations of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, iron, copper, zinc, and magnesium
- Cures a troublesome cough: The phytochemical theobromine found in chocolate can help relax bronchi muscles in the lungs
Follow us today on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn!
Sources: Cleveland Clinic, Fit Day, Flickr