Clinical Nutrition Manager Posted on May 15th, 2023
Clinical Nutrition Manager
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
40 Hours/week | Starting ASAP for 13 weeks
Acute care hospital
Travel/Mileage maybe considered pending location
Experience: At least 5 years of experience as an RD including management experience and/or demonstrated leadership role. Specialized certification such as CDE, CNSC, or other nutrition specialty certification is preferred but not required.
Preferred schedule: Weekdays
Managerial duties only // Plans, schedules, coordinates and supervises operations of clinical nutrition staff and formula room staff. Supervise clinical dietitians, reviewing and updating policies and procedures, monitoring dietetic performance, implementing, and maintaining cost control procedures, recruiting, hiring and orienting of staff. Interact with hospital management and professional staff.
Baltimore, MD is 40 miles northeast of DC and has interesting attractions like the Civil War–era warship the USS Constellation and the National Aquarium. This is a perfect position for an experienced Maryland licensed dietitian who is looking for a full-time opportunity in an acute care setting.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment for patients at nutritional risk per facility policies and procedures
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention based on nutrition assessment and evidence-based standards
- Assess educational needs and provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in meetings and/or rounds
- Experience with electronic charting, the Nutrition Care Process and writing PES statements to provide appropriate documentation for the plan of care
- Works cooperatively with food service staff to ensure conformance to diet prescriptions
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal training
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
- Maryland state dietitian license is required prior to starting position
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah at [email protected]
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/
Apply To This Job
Share on Social Media
Meet our recruiters
Our team of account managers specialize in hiring dietitians and nutrition professionals. They know the unique nuances of each setting a dietitian may work, and use that expertise to match dietitians to jobs they love.
Sarah Heitzman, MS, RDN, LD, CHP
Brittany Driggers, MS, RD, CNSC