40 Hours/week | May 5 – Aug 18, 2023
Two Hospitals | 286-bed & 50-bed acute care
At least 2 years of acute care experience preferred
Schedule: Monday-Friday and every 3rd Saturday
Clinical duties only // General clinical coverage – consults, nutrition screenings, some TF/TPN
Suffern, NY is located 31 miles northwest of Manhattan. This is a perfect position for an experienced acute care dietitian who is looking for a full-time opportunity.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment for patients at nutritional risk per facility policies and procedures
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention based on nutrition assessment and evidence-based standards
- Assess educational needs and provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in meetings and/or rounds
- Experience with electronic charting, the Nutrition Care Process and writing PES statements to provide appropriate documentation for the plan of care
- Works cooperatively with food service staff to ensure conformance to diet prescriptions
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal training
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah at email@example.com.
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/