40 Hours/week | ASAP for ~2 months
Eating Disorder Treatment Center including inpatient, residential and partial hospitalization
Travel/mileage offered, pending location
1 year eating disorder experience required
Preferred schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Clinical duties only
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced RD to provide specialized care in Dunwoody, GA – a charming suburb of Atlanta.
- Assess initial nutritional state, nutrition needs, identifies nutrient requirements according to age, disease, and individual needs
- Assess adequacy and appropriateness of dietary intake including nutrient imbalance, avoidance or excessive intake of certain foods or food groups as a means of manipulating or controlling weight.
- Evaluate use of compensatory behaviors including exercise, vomiting, colonic cleanses, diuretic use, laxative use, diet pill use, and/or insulin adjustments.
- Develops patient-centered nutrition care plan based on nutritional assessment
- Creates and implements individualized meal plan designed to meet identified nutritional needs
- Assists in assessing appropriateness of physical activity including plan to implement and monitor if indicated.
- Creates initial nutrition assessment (within 48 hours of admission), weekly nutrition follow-up assessments, and nutrition discharge assessment within timeframe specified in the Standard of Care-Nutrition.
- Documents all patient-related care and encounters in the patient electronic record in a timely manner.
- Provides group nutrition education as assigned
- Provides active meal coaching and support for patients and families, including participating in and completing meals as appropriate and as assigned.
- Provides individualized nutrition therapy to all assigned patients including:
- Develops individualized nutrition care plan based on nutritional assessment.
- Evaluates appropriateness of nutrition care plan and intervention.
- Communicates nutrition care plan with the treatment team to ensure coordination of care.
- Communicates individualized patient nutritional needs to culinary services using established procedures and protocols
- Provides individualized nutrition counseling to both individual patients and their families/community of support.
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
- GA state dietitian license is required prior to starting position
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Brittany at Brittany@dietitiansondemand.com
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/