Pediatric Dietitian Posted on August 21st, 2023
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
40 Hours/week | ASAP – 2 month duration
1500-bed acute care facility
Travel/mileage offered, pending location | Acute care/pediatric experience required, NICU experience preferred
Weekdays, 8 – 4:30, with rotating weekend coverage
Clinical duties only // Pediatrics, NICU, formula education for families, nutrition support, TPN orders, ONS, TF
Nestled peacefully in New England, New Haven, CT is an idyllic town with everything from college sports to local festivals, and beautiful scenery to enjoy. Visit one of the many museums in the area during your time off, or breathe in the ocean air by Lighthouse Point Park. This is perfect for a dietitian who is interested in learning more about NICU.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment for pediatric, PICU and NICU patients at nutritional risk per facility policies and procedures
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention based on nutrition assessment and evidence-based standards
- Provides appropriate education and nutrition counseling to patients and families
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in meetings and/or rounds
- Experience with electronic charting, the Nutrition Care Process and writing PES statements to provide appropriate documentation for the plan of care
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal training
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
- No CDN required prior to starting position
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah at [email protected] or (804) 545-9162 x 700.
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/
Apply To This Job
Share on Social Media
Meet our recruiters
Our team of account managers specialize in hiring dietitians and nutrition professionals. They know the unique nuances of each setting a dietitian may work, and use that expertise to match dietitians to jobs they love.
Sarah Heitzman, MS, RDN, LD, CHP
Brittany Driggers, MS, RD, CNSC