Long-Term Care Dietitian Posted on February 26th, 2024
Location: Jamaica Estates, New York
$40 – 45 per hour
8-32 Hours/week | ASAP – 12 week duration
400-bed LTC facility
Mileage offered, pending location | some LTC experience required
Weekdays, daytime hours
Clinical duties only // MDS, quarterlies, annuals, new admissions, high-risk follow ups, care plan, tube feeding, meal rounds
Surrounded by parks, restaurants, and more, Jamaica Estates, New York is a beautiful part of Queens with tons to do for it’s inhabitants. Visit one of the local museums or the Queens Zoo on your day off! This is a perfect position for a dietitian who is looking for either part time or full time in LTC.
- Assess and document the nutritional needs of each resident in accordance with facility policies and procedures
- Develop a plan of care that identifies the nutrition problems/needs of the resident and goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified
- Represent the nutrition department at interdisciplinary meetings, such as daily standup, wound and weight, QAPI, MDS and care plan meetings
- Experience with electronic charting and the Nutrition Care Process
- Works cooperatively with food service staff to ensure conformance to diet order and recommend diet changes as appropriate to improve resident’s nutritional status
- Understanding of the State and Federal Regulations associated with the industry
- Thorough knowledge of MDS 3.0 Section K and Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
- NYS CDN is NOT required for this position
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah at [email protected].
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/
Apply To This Job
Share on Social Media
Meet our recruiters
Our team of account managers specialize in hiring dietitians and nutrition professionals. They know the unique nuances of each setting a dietitian may work, and use that expertise to match dietitians to jobs they love.
Sarah Heitzman, MS, RDN, LD, CHP
Brittany Driggers, MS, RD, CNSC