Outpatient Dietitian Posted on May 19th, 2023
Location: Newport News, Virginia
4-6 Hours/week | Start: 5/29/23 – On-going
Mileage offered, pending location | Entry-level dietitians encouraged to apply
Preferred schedule: Hours must be worked Mon-Fri between 9am – 4pm
Counselling will be to seniors in their homes or at the facility
Duties: Nutrition counseling for seniors at risk
Hourly rate minimum: $40/hour. Rate is subject to change based on duration, experience and market conditions.
- Provide personalized nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy for various medical conditions
- Assess and provide recommendations for older adult patients
- Utilize behavior modification strategies and techniques to optimal nutrition counseling
- Evaluate achievement of learning objectives and provide appropriate treatment plan in accordance with patient goals
- Utilize nutrition-related information systems and/or patient medical record systems to successfully document recommendations and progress
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal training
- Current Registered Dietitian credentialed by CDR
If you’re looking for better work-life balance, consider consulting. Our team of recruiters expertly match dietitians to opportunities that best suit their abilities and schedule. Dietitians On Demand is a dietitian-focused staffing company with a national footprint. We understand dietitians are essential members of the healthcare team, and we pay you accordingly. This is a contracted temporary position where you’ll work for Dietitians On Demand at one of our client sites.
Perks of being a Dietitians On Demand employee include:
- Premier pay rates and full benefits package
- Free continuing education
- Corporate liability insurance
- W2 employment status
- Work-life balance by choosing when and where you work
- Nutrition Care Manual access
- Opportunity to earn 401K and health insurance benefits based on employment duration
Candidates must successfully complete a thorough pre-hire screening process, including but not limited to: phone screen, background check, drug screen, reference and credential check, clinical competency assessment, and tuberculosis screening. Immunization titers and fingerprinting, as needed.
Interested? Apply online or contact Sarah Rondinone at [email protected] or (804) 545-9162 x712.
If this position isn’t a good fit for you but may be for a colleague, refer them! You’ll qualify for a referral bonus: https://dietitiansondemand.com/referrals/
Apply To This Job
Share on Social Media
Meet our recruiters
Our team of account managers specialize in hiring dietitians and nutrition professionals. They know the unique nuances of each setting a dietitian may work, and use that expertise to match dietitians to jobs they love.
Sarah Heitzman, MS, RDN, LD, CHP
Brittany Driggers, MS, RD, CNSC