A round-up of RD Exam study materials
Congratulations on completing your internship! Now it’s time to tackle that RD exam. At Dietitians On Demand, we want to help you conquer this last hurdle, so we asked our dietitians which exam materials they used and recommended. Read on for a list of the tried and true.
- Database of 1,000+ practice questions with explanations for correct answers
- Three full-length practice tests plus two full-length, timed tests
- Performance statistics to identify individual strengths and weaknesses
- 450+ flashcards
- 3-month subscription for $199.99
- Live 3-day review workshops covering all domains
- Check website for locations, availability, and costs
- Online practice quizzes available
Says Emily W.: “They provided us with a binder of things to know and things that may be on the test. It was really just a guide that had an organized layout. It allowed me to study one section at a time and look up information from each section while using other resources.”
- Practice questions with explanations of correct answers and study tips
- Contains one practice exam
- $62.99 for paperback or eBook
- Printed book covering all domains
- Book is formatted with study notes; no sample questions or exams
- $175 + shipping costs
- Choose from printed study outline, practice questions, and audio recordings OR 2-day review workshop
- $385 (updated annually; older versions may be available for less)
Says Kelsey S.: “When it comes to studying for the exam, the Inman’s Review is the #1 BEST source! It is pricey, however, it includes hundreds of review questions that train your mind to think the way the RD exam tests.”
Says Bailie K.: “I also received the audio lectures and used that when I was driving or cleaning around the house so the information really stuck.”
Says Sarah H: I would listen to the Inman audio pretty much anytime I wasn’t conversing with other people for the month prior to the exam.
- 3,000+ multiple choice practice questions
- Unlimited practice tests
- Flexibility to study on-the-go
- $30 for 30-day access
Says Kelsey S.: “It was nice to use at the gym or during free time as a simple review.”
Says Sarah H: The app was essentially over 250 flashcards that I picked through in my free time.
- 630+ flashcards reviewing all domains
- Answer sheet for calculations also provided
- Two-day exam review course, in-person or live-stream
- Course includes: printed Review Guide, three Online Practice Exams, Study Resources, Instructor Support
- Textbook-style comprehensive Exam Review Guide with self-study worksheets
- Includes practice questions, including explanations of correct answers, videos, exams, flash cards, study partner
Says Carly C.: “Visual Veggies was very user-friendly and fairly comprehensive. I recommend it!”
As for general test-taking tips, Necia K. advises new grads to “study hard for a month or two after they complete their internship and take [the exam] right away.”
Likewise, Becca K. suggests studying and taking your mock exams in an environment that will mimic the testing center where you will take the real RD exam. “The centers are super quiet, mine even had earplugs and noise cancelling headphones as options, so if you’re used to studying with music, the serious super quiet can kind of be unsettling at first!”
The most important tip, however, may just be to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! Debbie E., who has written and sold her own review guide, suggests to “seriously do a reality check of strengths and weaknesses. Nobody gets the questions all right—I’ve never heard of a perfect score. Have courage, work hard, and then you will be applauding your accomplishment of exam success.”
Dietitians On Demand is the nationwide leader in staffing registered dietitians, specializing in short-term, temporary and permanent-hire positions in acute care, long term care and food service positions. Our dietitians cover a vacancy, maternity leave, vacations, FMLA or increases in census. Check out our job openings, or request your coverage today!
Who we are
Dietitians On Demand is the nationwide leader in providing dietitians with jobs they love. If flexibility, competitive pay, a full benefits package, free CPEUs each month and a team dedicated to dietitians sound good to you, apply to our positions today.